Tuesday, September 18, 2012

FINE. I'll blog. I guess...

That wasn't a passive aggressive title in the least. THE LEAST.

College is weird sometimes. Because all the sudden everything is different. And I mean e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g.   (that was probably unnecessary)

Now. For a story. A story of a college experience. An experience that will be understood by the many generations to follow. A story of bravery. A story of understanding. But mostly, a story about a wet, wet kiss. Read on dear readers.

The night was young. The date? Well I just don't remember anymore. (actually it was Sept. 1, 2012 at about 12:15 p.m.).

The rain poured down upon the small college town of Logan, Utah. Jeannie Woller, a young, attractive,  talented, vivacious, intelligent, witty, dramatic.....

WE GET IT

Right. Right. Well.

Jeannie, Maris, and Lexie all stood amazed as they began to witness their first "True Aggie" night.

What's that? You don't know what "True Aggie" is? Let me explain before I continue on with this story that will keep you guessing at every turn!

Becoming a True Aggie is when you kiss, at midnight, atop of this...


BUT. You can only become a true aggie if you kiss one who has already been deemed a "True Aggie". OH. It's also only under a full moon (and on Homecoming, but that's stupid)

Carrying on.

So I was standing there. In the pouring rain, looking like a fool with pink eye shadow practically past my eyebrow (it was an 80's dance, promise!) And I was asking Mare and Lex.

"Guys should I? I mean I've haven't kissed yet! You know? Should I do it?"
Both replied something like "Ya. ya man. Fo sho. Do it. You won't regret it. Go on! Take a leap. Just enjoy college. It's college times!".......er something like that.

College times. How can you say no after someone said it's college times. You just can't!
I walked up to this kid, who's name shall stay unknown, and just kind of stood next to him for a moment. Then I took a deep breath, while rocking back and forth on my toes and just kind of spit out...

"Hey Andy, (DAMNIT). Are you a True Aggie?"
"You know it!" He practically rolled his eyes at the question.
"Well. Uh. Well. Do you wanna make me one?"

It was like I was freaking asking him to turn me into a Vampire! Vampyre? (autocorrect didn't even red underline that spelling of it. Wahoo!)

So we get in line. All the other couples in front of us are making googely eyes at each other.
Oh we're so in love. Let us profess our love through public kissing on top of an A!
JUST SHUT UP.

But there was something I had to tell Andy first. Before he decided to take this leap with me.
"Andy."
"Ya?"
"I have to tell you something first, and after you hear it you can decide whether or not you want to bail out."
*nervously* "Okay?"
"This will be my first kiss."
"WHAT?!" He practically jumped in the air.
"Awesome! No worries. This will be great!"

He told me this elaborate plan. It was brilliant! Nothing had ever been so well thought out in this entire universe, well except for that one time Nick Cage stole the Declaration of Independence.

We walk up on the A, nerves shaking through my entire body, and we fulfill the plan.

*SIDENOTE* Andy is a tall man. Maybe 6 foot 6. 6'7"?

I jumped. I probably could've dunked a basketball with how high I jumped. And I wrapped my legs around his back. (I would use the word straddle, but it sounds weird), and hooked my arms together around his neck. As Bridesmaids would say. I climbed that like a tree.
Andy then leaned his head back, about as far as Nearly Headless Nick could, and dramatically spit the gum from his mouth. From there...

MOISTURE. Everywhere. I also found out I did everything wrong. Don't pucker. They may do it in movies, but it's not suppose to happen in real life. Also I pulled out before he did.

*my mind* Sorry. Sorry sorry sorry. *goes back in to continue the kiss*

I'm a bad kisser. But he should have expect that! It was my first one! (well kind of. But that's a story for another time)

Last thing that I need to add. 3 checks go with most historical first kiss ever.
1. Under a full/blue moon.
2. Pouring Rain.
3. True Aggie.

Check and Mate.

Enjoy this.


2 comments: