Who knows why we do the things we do. Who knows why I decided to write a poem for every day of the week.
I DO!
No you don't inner-emotional-thoughts...no you don't.
That poetry class I'm taking has really screwed me over. Now I'm all poetically minded and thinking in metaphors and iambic tetrameter and what not. It's a hassle. Instead of just thinking, "wow! It's pretty cold outside today. I can even see my breath!", my mind is all annoying and goes.
The frost upon my window sill
Recalled the thoughts of days gone by
When breath was seen in midnight air
It was the night my lover died.
*scratches head and crinkles eyebrows* You know. I actually spent a lot of time on those last four lines. Like. 15 minutes. Just to prove a point.
JUST TO PROVE A POINT.
Anyways. Maybe I'll do something like it again. But hopefully it's a bit more lighthearted and not so,
"Here's poetry! Read it and learn of the inner-thoughts that plague Jeannie's mind daily"
Actually that's not fair.
I actually really enjoyed writing these poems. Hmm. Maybe I"ll be a poet.
I'm a poet
And I didn't even know...
I'm not going to finish that, just to see you all squirm
So all those years of Dr. Seuss bedtime stories have paid off? Nice to know.
ReplyDelete