Friday, August 10, 2012

Well that was awkward.

The last two weeks have flown by. So fast. Like as fast as superman or something... It's a bird! It's a plane! Nope...it's the last two weeks! THAT FAST.

It's weird. I feel weird. Do you feel weird? You can be honest, go on...go on tell me the truth! Okay fine, I'll continue on without your answer. I've made pretty cool friends here. Laughing constantly that's for sure. For example:

One of my fellow freshmen had a pretty rough week last week. Not rough as in soccer-playing wise, but rough as in everything that could embarrass her, ever, seems to have happened. I'll start you out with the first day.

The first night we had a team dinner at Coach's house. The rules are simply this: always be on time. Even if you are in the middle of birthing a child, you stop mid-push and get your sorry behind to wherever you need to be. End of story. But somehow, said friend was left behind without a ride with another friend. They just missed the fact everyone else was gone. They were in their room, with door shut, and so we all just up and left. We forgot they were in there! (but that was hardly our fault, eh?)

So they are running down Old Main Hill, which is a monster of a hill if I do say so myself, and this kid just pees her pants. A steady stream just waterfalling down her leg, while they were late, on the way to Coach's house, for the first dinner as a united team.

It. Was. Fantastic.

She had to borrow a pair of shorts from a senior and deal the rest of the night in her urinated underwear, in a stranger's pair of shorts. Needless to say, quite memorable indeed.

The next thing to happen to her makes me laugh to this very moment. Right now. I'm laughing! I really am! Out loud too. Like, if you were standing behind me you'd be all, "Jeannie, whatcha laughin' at?"
And I'd be all.
"Lemme tell ya"............so now I will

We ice bath after every practice we have. So many ice-baths, so little time. But I've grown to love that reverse warm body of water. Regardless.

This friend was entering the ice-cube pool and she decided to remove her shirt. Not in a slutty way or anything. There was no bow-chica-bow-wow music playing in the background. It was more of a, "Oh! I don't want to get my shirt wet, so let me remove it right quick."

However, when she removed her shirt, there was a little surprise waiting for her, and for all of us in the ice bath.

Now it wasn't as bad as the build up is making it sound, but it still kills me.

Without her knowledge, there was a hard core view of her underboob. The bra stopped right before anything of greater value was being seen, but there was definite boobage happening. It went a little something like this.

*she takes off shirt and all the sudden there it is. BAM. Underboob*
*everyone in ice bath realizes what they are looking at and looks away pretending like nothing is the matter*
Girl: "Hey (insert name of girl here), are you wearing two bras?
Underboob: "No, just one."
Girl: "Oh...well then your boob is hanging out."
Underboob: *shoves boob back in bra*, "Oh well, yup thanks."

Priceless. By far one of the best moments I have ever witnessed. It may not even sound funny, I understand. It may have needed to be a "had-to-be-there-moment" and for that, I am truly sorry. However, picture this.

A freshman new to the soccer team for 2 days. You don't know anybody and you're trying to make a good impression so that you can have friends for the next four years. A FRESHMAN (I feel this point is very important), and you flash your underboob to the sea of new team, and also the training room (the bath is in a glass room). Nothing better. Ever.

She's cool about it though. She'll laugh with me. She's not all red-faced by the experience. She took it like a champ. I would probably have run away forever. Or at least for a good while.


Anywho. There's probably more, but I'm afraid this post is getting kinda long. Hopefully this was a funny story for all you readers out there! Hopefully is correct.

My first soccer game college-wise is tomorrow. Nervs doesn't even begin to cover it.

Hahahahahahaha.

*shaking head in thought* Underboob.

No comments:

Post a Comment