Monday, October 8, 2012

I never anticipated this...

Stevvies. Stevvies everywhere.

I practically live in a cartoon. The type of cartoon where bugs can talk and birds actually respond to your singing. But it's a scary cartoon, like the cartoons they show on Adult Swim at night, when cartoons no longer need to sing about Fun. They can be as creepy and crude as they want and nobody can get mad at them because all the kids are in bed...well every kid but me.

This sounds like it's going to be a dark post. It's not I swear! Just stay with me here.

I live in a beautiful place. It's awesome. Logan in the fall is spectacular. The leaves change into these crazy vibrant colors that you thought were only real in pictures and movies, but then all the sudden  you see them in front of your own eyes and the world has a whole new meaning. Everything here is awesome. Except for one thing...

Box. Elder. Bugs.

They are everywhere. You think I'm kidding, huh? You think I'm being regular, dramatic Jeannie over here that exaggerates everything she ever talks about ever in the whole entire world! I'm not. I'm serious. I've never been so serious about something.

These stupid bugs have taken over my dorm and the bathroom in the English building and they have even dubbed my roommate's contact case their own personal swimming pool.

I swear one night I rolled over in bed and there was a B.E.B on my pillow, watching me sleep, plotting my demise, rubbing his little front legs together like a fly who just landed on a fresh pile of horse shit (sorry for the vulgarities).

My roommates and I have decided to name them Stevvie. Every. Single. One. They're all Stevvie in our eyes. There are about 20 Stevvies in each light fixture, which is terrible because we have about 10 or so light fixtures...you do the math. STEVVIES EVERYWHERE.

I'm starting to go crazy. I'm starting to be apart of this cartoon that is becoming my life. I'm beginning to have conversations with these devil bugs and sometimes they talk back to me. They know my secrets. I'm even beginning to vouch for them. My roommates want to kill them and I find myself screaming out "NO!"
"What? Why can't we kill them?"
*unsure of a good reason* "Well...I...I mean...What's the point, right? Why do we need to kill them?"
"Seriously, Jeannie? I'm pretty sure one's laying eggs in my closet right as we're speaking."
"Well...Just like...put it outside or something?"
"So more Stevvie's can fly in through the window? Ya right."
*continues eating ramen*

Okay so fine. FINE. But now there are dead Stevvie's lying all around the dorm. One hung itself on our mirror. Don't ask me how that works, it just happened. One night Abi, Amy and I sat around on our floor and shot a hair thing at the Stevvie's that are living on our ceiling. We sat there for about 45 minutes. It was one of the funnest nights of my whole college time, and as a result, I ended up peeing my pants. (but that's a story for another day)

So while the Stevvie's watch me sleep, take naps in my shower towel (which was fun to find), climb all over my posters, and what not, they still find a way into our hearts. Also, they provide countless amounts of fun while trying to shoot them down.

This post is dedicated to all the cartoon-talking Stevvie's in our dorm. See ya at home big guys!


No comments:

Post a Comment