Tuesday, May 28, 2013

My Lamp is on. In the middle of the day.

It's the most wonderful of days.

I'm just here sitting in my underwear and a long sleeve shirt, blasting Lana Del Rey, and writing. The rain is pounding, thunder can still be heard over my music, and my tea is cooling.

I played in the rain with my dog for twenty minutes. I jumped in puddles in my bare feet. I waved to my neighbors as they looked at me like I was insane, which I might have been, at least for a couple minutes. But the good kind of insane. The kind that makes everything fade away and all that matters is whatever is right there in front of you.

I finally get the whole metaphor with water and rain and the idea of rebirth. Because rain does that to a person. It washes away who you are. The good parts and the bad. It doesn't care you past or your future, it just puts you right there in the moment, leaving it up to you to decide who you want to be.

And then you are free. Free to dance in the rain. Or cry in the rain. Or smile in the rain. Or sit in the rain. Or learn from the rain. Or hide from the rain. Or let the rain hide you.

The harder the rain pours, the freer you are.

And today, the rain is falling the hardest it's fallen in awhile.

1 comment: