Finals are coming up. The dreaded week of those tests that test all your knowledge on everything. Everybody gets all stressed and eats their specific food items that correlate to what stress means in their mind. (for me, it's dill pickle spears, and french bread...just in case anyone wants to be a generous friend during finals week)
Okay that was a confusing paragraph. Most the time I go back and read what I have written and I think to myself...how the hell is anybody suppose to understand that? Especially if I don't even understand it? But then I say f**k it and continue on with my day.
WOAH. That was so crazy vulgar! That's not who I am. College IS changing me. I mean...if you only knew what I did the other night. (hint: I didn't do anything...).......So maybe it's not changing me that much.
I went to church with my friend Chuckie on Sunday. It was a non-denominational church and it was actually pretty interesting. A lot of the student athletes go to that church, so it was fun to see them all in a different environment.
I sat there, listened to the insanely passionate words that the man leading the sermon was saying. Boy, he was sweating and so I started sweating. I'm a sympathy sweater, a sweater just in general, but it intensifies when I'm around other sweaters. So there's that about me.
It was good. It was passionate and good. And I sang a little. Not loudly. Just loud enough that I could hear myself breathing some words. My voice is gone (as per ushe), so I couldn't belt it like I would've loved to do.
At the end, I had in my hand the plastic folder thing that kept all the different songs we sang that day. It was just there, hanging out in my hand, and I was just carrying on with my day. Then there was this nice man standing next to me. His greying hair had surpassed his shoulder and his smile had barely surpassed the boarders of where his nose is. (aka, he wasn't smiling).
I was beginning to walk away when I saw this man stick out his hand. I had sat next to him the whole church long and so I was flattered that he was introducing himself to me. His hand wasn't out very far, and it wasn't really that open. It was the same amount of open as a hand is when it's just dangling there, at your side.
I was still really happy and I stuck my hand out and into his, forcing his hand open a little bit more...
Yup. So turns out.
"Oh uh. I was just going to ask for your music folder..."
"Huh? Oh right! No ya, that makes more sen..I just...ya okay"
*hands him folder*
"It was still really nice to meet yo..."
*walks off*
So I forced my hand into an unsuspecting man's hand, that was simply reaching for a folder of music that I barely sang loud enough for my own inner ears to hear. That was awkward.
Then I went to say hi to Weston and all he said to me was, "I saw the whole thing"
Then my head just kind of hung there, as if I were a dead person that didn't have control of her muscles, or something. I dunno. Whatever.
But the people were really nice, and it was an interesting experience, to be able to compare different churches. It's an interesting time. As was forcing a handshake on an un-handshake wanting person.
Sometimes. Sometimes.
No comments:
Post a Comment