Wednesday, December 12, 2012

No thank YOU world.

*sees boy I'm hard core crushing on in library*
*he waves at me as I'm walking up the stairs to be on the floor he is on*

"Hey Jeannie!"
"Hey, (insert name). How ya..."

Then I went to take a step up the stairs. To move myself upwards and upwards until maybe he and I would be face to face and wouldn't have to shout in a whispered tone. I'm lifting my foot up, with all the anticipation for it to be at a higher level then it was before. Then, my foot begins to lower. Naturally  I put all the force of my body, and my thoughts (which at the moment were go crazy, like a 3 year old who's babysitter didn't know he's not allowed to have candy after 5 PM), down onto the upcoming step.

Only the step wasn't there. Instead, I landed on the same level ground that I was previously on. As a result, I tripped, like some teenager on acid for the first time. I tripped hard. I caught myself with the hands that were eagerly, idiotically, and passionately waving this kid up and down. Boy am I a show when I'm around people of my liking.

Maybe missing the step was a blessing in disguise. I looked like a fool either way, hand motioning or tripping, but this way at least I could brush it off like...

"Ya, totes did that on purpose homie. Ya know? Like. Word to ya mother. Just wanted to make them lips move toward them skies and make you laugh a bit. Word...to ya fatha...?"

But instead I said something like...

"Oh ya, huh. So there wasn't a stair there."
*Kind of laughing but not responding to my words*
"I kind of tripp...How bout I just meet you...
*keeps walking*
"Ya okay, yup sounds good!"

Don't worry. I still talked to him at the top of the stairs. Blubbering idiot I was. Honestly. My life sometimes...

All I was going to do was ask him how he'd been,  but the world wouldn't have that, would it?

2 comments:

  1. Ya then you had to go and spill your water all over the place...the library wasn't asking for a flood jeannie. Ps...there is hope. I don't think I've ever been smooth around a guy (ha but wait I'm still single...maybe there's not hope...shoot man...you're screwed.)

    ReplyDelete