Wednesday, December 19, 2012

*Places hand over face* Just...just quiet time now.

It's recently come to my attention that I have a story for everything. I kind of need to calm it down because a) I'm using up all my stories and I really got nothing else going for me. and b) I don't really give people a chance to put in their words.

For example. I took my friend Seth to a Jazz game once, whether it was a date or not, I could not tell you. If it was, I did the askin'. Word.

What I'm getting at is the ENTIRE TIME I talked. Sharing little anecdotes, stories, morals, parables, quoting scripture, hell I probably even did some sign language. In case you didn't get the message yet. I talked THE. ENTIRE. TIME.

Now maybe he just didn't have anything to say. Maybe he was nervous. Or maybe he really did say something, just when he said words I mouthed the same words at the exact same time therefore causing me to believe I really said the words he had said! (okay that's a bit of a stretch, but still).

I think I'm a nervous talker. Okay. I think I'm a sad talker, mad talker, hungry talker, I-have-to-pee talker, moment-of-silence talker, even an nobody's-here-but-that's-not-stopping-me talker,  but mainly a nervous talker. For some reason I think silence is a sign of awkwardness or of uncomfortableness, which it's not. But that just won't go through my head, will it?

I like to talk. I could literally talk for hours. Not alone of course (although I'm not saying it hasn't happened already), just with people. Anybody. We can share our stories. The funny ones, the sad ones, the ones that don't have ends just yet.

Because as much as I love to talk, I love to listen. So try me. You've got a story, I wanna hear it. You need to get something off your chest? Put it onto mine, that's fine, I've been working out, I can take it.

In the end, I think I need to take a second. I'm not going to stop being myself, cuz let's get real, I'm bloody awesome (*winks*).

I think sometimes I just need to not be going. Sometimes I need to let you get in a word.



2 comments:

  1. I quite enjoy your stories. Keep sharin'! And... I have thought of a couple good stories to share with y'all sometime if you want to practice your listening skills or need some entertainment. :)

    P.S. I commented before your mom. Do I get bonus points?
    P.S.S. Don't pretend like you aren't reading this... I know you are! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha jeannie man this is funny cause I am the exact same way...ya know what? I think you and I are a lot alike in a lot of ways. Obviously we have our differences and what not, but we have many similarities. I know I make jokes about you bein a dork and what what, but honestly you are the best. Don't ever change. You are the spices in the bland chicken noodle soup. You add the flavor to the group. Girl you are my favorite and I'm glad we've been able to bond in our weird true blue comedy and what not ways. Keep talkin cause we love to listen...ha well thats at least what I tell myself cause I talk a lot and hope that people don't hate what I've been sayin. You're a champ man. Love you!

    ReplyDelete