Sunday, July 15, 2012

Initiation...step 1

The initiation into making new friends is rough for me. I can do it, I sure can...make friends and all. But not without suffering a little bit.

Let me explain to you what I mean. There are certain experiences in my life where I just meet people, I try to be their friends, and then all the sudden there's throw up, pee, or blood ALL OVER ME. Look people, all I want to do is be your friend, and how do you repay me?! In some way or another, I have to use a new change of clothes.

It all started in 4th grade. Chandler and I wanted to be Anne Marie's friend so badly. Badly enough that we wrote her a letter telling her we wanted to be her friend (straightforward, right?). Needless to say, she was a bit creeped out. I would've been too, let's be honest. Two small children write to you saying they watched you at recess and realized that you were meant to be friends? Too much for one day, that's for sure. In the end, she fell for our charm. Our poetic letters enticed her enough to give us a chance and have a sleep over with us. Rejoicing was a necessity. 


Chandler and I planned the whole day out. It was fantastic! That is until night time rolled around. I was on the bottom bunk and Chan and Anne Marie were sharing the top. I was dreaming ever so slightly, probably about ice cream and pigs  (I was a little obsessed with pigs back in the day, I still have a stuffed animal collection if any one wants to take a look!) when all the sudden I'm jolted out of my slumber. 


"Jeannie! JeannieJeannieJeannie!" Anne Marie and Chandler's faces were both highly scared and bewilderingly giddy. 


"Huh?" 
"Something happened."
"Dude. Sleep needs to happen."


Then I felt something drip onto me...


"I PEED THE BED." 


Yup. You guessed it. That drip was Anne Marie's urine. Falling onto my head. In the middle of the night. How it soaked through the entire mattress, to this day I'm still baffled.

"You WHAT?!"


Chandler was standing further back.
"Ya and now I'm extremely covered in pee. Can I borrow some clothes?"
Chandler got the worst of it. Well, besides Anne Marie actually peeing her pants, at night, in my bed, when we were barely starting to call each other "friends". Let the initiation begin.

"I cannot believe you peed the bed!"
Anne Marie couldn't stop laughing! She was a 12 year old girl, who PEED THE BED.

Now I know that peeing the bed is a serious problem, and people at 23 years of age still probably deal with it, but she had never had a history of peeing the bed, and in fact, this was her first offence. Thanks for sharing that moment with me, friend!

I dunno how it happened. But it did and there was no going back. We all moved to the floor and I gave each person a new set of clothes. We all swore to secrecy and I had to make up a story as for why my bed smelt like urination.

"Well mom. You see I picked Sammy (my pupsters) and put him on the top bunk. I guess he got really nervous about being up that high and so he peed. He peed all over ma and I couldn't stop it! I think he's afraid of high places. Is there medicine for that or something?"

Classic story. Works every time.

That friendship grew from there. But it may never have started had she not peed all up, in, and around my bed.

Tune in tomorrow to hear about how Lexe and I were initiated into friendship. That story will go down in some sort of history.

No comments:

Post a Comment