First off! You must, you simply must check out this side of the "butt story". It's from Lindsay's perspective, so you'll really be able to understand the whole of what happened. Read away!
Now.
I'm probably just being dramatic, as per ushue...but goodbyes SUCK. Almost as much as a vacuum. But not that much. Don't be getting crazy readers!
I'm a romantic. I'll admit it. But not necessarily a romantic in the form of dealing with candlelit dinners, or sky-writing "will you marry me", (although, if you do propose to me while skydiving, even if I don't know you, done. I'm sold. I will have your children. Now that's romance.)
Instead, I just have a certain expectation for the future. A lot of times it actually kind of screws me over. I get my expectations up or I picture things a certain way. That's why being president was probably a bad decision. I wanted to make everyone's memories for them! It's frustrating, but you simply can't do that and if people aren't having fun at something you put together, you just gotta realize...That's their own damn fault.
I always super romantize about doing things now so that I can remember them in the future. Ya know? Does that make any sense? I normally don't when I talk, so let me explain.
My mind-set before I decide to do something is more or less, will my kids and or grandkids think this story is awesome? My grandpa played ice hockey, with cars and a rubber tube, on a frozen lake, during the winter, while growing up in vernal. Who does that?! Well geez, I would freaking love to!
Mainly because, (WARNING: Jeannie's blog is about to get a little bit contemplative and could possibly be annoying if you are expecting funny times blogging, today is pensive blogging, but important blogging! I dare you to read on!)
Mainly because I'm terrified that with all this technology, my kids won't have an imagination and that's what I consider to be my most prized possession.
Take this post secrets for example:
My thoughts are: I don't ever want to lose her! But then I'm really scared, because what if I do? What if I get a job at a desk, in a cubical, from 9-5 and forget about that one time I snuck into the U soccer stadium and peed on the grass! It's scary. It really is. It's probably my biggest fear.
It might be dangerous for me to say that to an audience full of peers. Or even to an audience full of strangers. You may mock me. Maybe you'll even see me a bit differently. But you need to know that you can't do this either. You really can't.
I gotta emphasize this. That's why I'm writing about it of course! No matter your age, just remember, there will always be people willing to listen to your stories, so go out and make one! Go out and make a memory. Go out and streak in broad daylight. Go out and offer free hugs to people. Go out and test yourself. I don't care what you do, you just can't be afraid to DO IT.
I don't think I'll ever stop wanting to make forts, or have nurf gun fights. I don't ever think I'll ever not laugh at a fart joke. I just won't! I don't want to stop. You have to hold onto the things that remind you of being a kid. Even if it is immature. Because I believe those will be the things that truly keep you going in life.
Find the kid in you and release it. It wants to be free, and once it is, you'll never want to lock it up again.
Well, that's what I think at least.
P.S. If you're reading this soon after I put it up here, come back later, it may be revised and updated. My first drafts are never as suitable as I want them to be, but I really wanted to post. I was getting anxious (suprise suprise)
Enjoy!

No comments:
Post a Comment