Monday, July 16, 2012

Initiation round 2

Next in line is Lexe Selman. I was on her team for no more than a year before I was initiated into friendship with her.

Let me bring you back. Back to a time where I was a field player (try not to picture that, it's not pretty AT ALL). I was the new kid on the team. Ya know, the one nobody would talk to. In fact! I was the one everybody more or less hated. Me? They hated me?! It was a sad time in my life. Me being bad at soccer didn't help. Whenever I was put in the game everyone would groan and mutter...
"why the hell..."

I'm sorry! I'm better now!...Or at least I like to think I am.

Regardless of the fact I sucked. My team had won state cup and we traveled to Idaho to participate in the Far West Regionals. It was the first tournament my team went on where we didn't have to stay with our own parents.

Oh the freedom! It was now up to us to make our own life decisions. Stay up late and party? Or go to bed and be prepared? Shower? Or don't shower? (more likely it was the latter). Open a mating Llama farm in our rooms? Or not? The opportunities were endless!   

Okay okay. So that idea was pretty short lived. There were 3 girls and ONE parent. So much for the freedom of saying the word "hell" at will. After all, we were 11 and that word was strictly prohibited. (not that I would've said it. I was terrified if I said one of those type of words I would've been attacked by lotus... or something)

Selman has changed since, but back then, SHE DIDN'T TALK. Maybe once or twice. I'm not sure. I think I heard her say "floor 3" when we were asked which floor our room was on...but it might have just been a gust of wind.

I always wondered what she would do if she was stuck in the bathroom with no toilet paper.

*Imagination*
"Guys. Where's Lexe? It's almost been and hour and a half now."
"Good question. Last I knew she was going to the bathroom."

Then we'd go in to find her in the bathroom just sitting on the toilet, accepting her fate.
*End imagination*

Like I've said. She's changed now. Now she won't freaking SHUT UP. Gosh. (I kid. I only kid!)

The point is. Lexe was one of the 2 other girls in my room. It was one afternoon, after our game, and we were both sitting in the little living-room area of our hotel room, just us two. Naturally, the room was dead silent and we were both snacking on some Oreo's. I mean. We were friends, sure. But not the type where we.......talked. I guess.

All of a sudden, Lexe slowly got up and walked over to where I was sitting. There's Jeannie. Minding her own business, watching some tv and trying to enjoy the nice comfort of her newly acquired Utah Avalanche shirt.

I looked up at Selman and there was this crazy smile on her face. It was like she was some deranged excursus child. I wanted to put my hands on her head and say "Out Devil, Out!".

Then she just opened her mouth and threw up ALL. OVER. ME. She practically was the excursus kid! And it wasn't even an accident! It was like she was sitting across the room premeditating the options on how to release her stomach bile into the world.

"Hmm. Well this is nice. But what's this? I feel the need to hurl. Where should I do it? The toilet? Nah...too original. The garbage? As if! Wait. I've got it! That's it. I'll save this acidy throw up in my stomach, that only consists of Oreos and water, until the perfect moment and then spew it onto Jeannie! Maybe during a commercial? NO! She'll see that coming. Let's throw up on her right during the program."

So. There I was. Enjoying the middle of the program and Lexe just vomits all on my shirt. Just vomits. No stopping. Just full out, opened her mouth, and let the chunk juice fly. Let the initiation begin!

My face was, I'm sure, priceless. Think of a face mixture between the trying to understand face of - "what is that, what is..." and the realization face of - "What the...THAT'S THROW UP!" That's about what my face was. I couldn't stop laughing. I seriously could not. She couldn't stop apologizing. "It was just suppose to be a burp! I swear! Nothing more!"

"So you were just going to burp on me and keep living your life? Who are you?!" *laughing uncontrollably*

You have to remember, this is Lexe Selman. Before that moment, I legit thought she may be a mute. This moment opened up a whole new world. AND a whole new friendship, that is still going might I add.

Oh and ps. I lost that shirt right after that. I took it off, to remove the vomit from my body and never saw it again. Not that I necessarily wanted it back after that little reflex disorder.

Tune in tomorrow to find out how Maris and I began our initiation. And I'll tell you this, she must have really wanted to be my friend.


2 comments:

  1. How is it that I've never, ever heard this story. Lexe, is it really true?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had read this post before last night when I saw you guys.

    ReplyDelete