So. When I was about 8 or so I was given a stuffed pig. He was the best thing I ever could have asked for. I named him Fredrick Corkscrew Pig. He was practically my childhood. I took him everywhere. I couldn't sleep without him. (I had these crazy night-type terrors when I was younger, they were oh-so fun, and I couldn't even try to sleep without him).
Fredrick created this passion within me. I had found my new obsession. And you all don't understand, (except for maybe my mama), I'm like a crazy person. Once I find an obsession, I literally can not stop talking about it. And I talk A LOT. So just picture little pre-preteen Jeannie non-stop, hardcore talking about pigs. PIGS. Ah I loved them.
As a result, they were all I received for Christmases or Birthday's or really any occasion where presents were appropriate.
I recently opened a trunk that has been at the bottom of my bed for about 8 years now, without being opened. I opened it for college packing times. (I feel like a Harry Potter character! Another post soon to come...) Nervous as to what I might find, I had an idea of my pig collection, but I had forgotten how vast it is.
Take a little look here.
There are upwards of 25 stuffed pigs stashed in that pile. TWENTY FIVE. And there are more still out and about in my room. Little plastic ones I got on my ninth birthday from my friend Zel.
Let me go through some of my favorites.
We'll start with her. As you can see, she has two little piggies suckling on here teet (*shutters* that word). You guessed it! Here sewed on nipples are definitely magnetic. The piglet's baby snouts magnetize perfectly. Aweeee. There's one missing though. The little brown piggy. I miss him so.
MOVING ON.
NEXT:
He's a puppet. A PUPPET. 'Nough said. That's all. Everyone can go home now. (but wait wait! The post is not over, just hold on, deal?)
This one is probably one of my favorites. But look close. You might notice something a little bit different about this guy.......
Have you gotten there yet? Let me give you a little hint.
HE'S A BEAR.
I got him as a present at a birthday one year, and they were all,
"I know you love pigs Jeannie!"
*hesitant* "Thaannks." (In my mind) It's a bear. It's a bear. It's a bear. It's a freaking bear man!
Whatever I count him anyways. No pig left behind right?...or Bear?
Oh how did I lose him you ask?...
I didn't. He was KIDNAPPED *gasps*
The year was 2008. I was at summer camp, living in a yurt, learning that sweat was an actual thing, and with Fredrick right by my side, I was invincible!
Until that fateful morning.
I left him on my sleeping back for the "clean yurt contest". The winners would get to go get snow cones. The highest luxury on the planet at summer camp, in case you didn't know.
I went back into my yurt at lunch to tell Fredrick of all the crazy shinanagins I had gotten into that day. My glee fell so hard when I walked into that yurt to see what? NOT FREDRICK. It was like a movie when a mother realizes her kids aren't in the house anymore. I might've well have dropped a tray of lemonade all over the ground and screamed. (isn't that what they do in movies?)
The other girls at camp stole him! It was a nightmare. Then when I confronted them about it, they snickered and said they saw him in the pig's pen. I sprinted about as fast as I ever have. But I was still going through puberty, so it was an awkward sprint. Like I was perpetually wearing a pad (boys might have a harder time relating...regardless).
He wasn't there! I rummaged all of camp in search for my bestest of friends. I never found him.
Buddy Bear is now here to relieve some of the pain, but it's been almost a good five years of pain. It's hard to make that better.
Welp! Now you know about my pigs. The oh so many of them. If you wanna meet them, by all means! Give me a call.

No comments:
Post a Comment