I just want to share with you all the BEST complement I have possibly ever received ever in my whole entire existence here on this here planet named earth.
But just some background information first.
I play the bass. The double bass. The big one that's in the back row of the orchestra and is bigger than the biggest linebacker on any football field. (OKAY! You caught me, it's about as big as the smallest linebacker on any football field, but I was just trying to convey a message...sue me!)
I've been playing it since 6th grade, so it's become a little bit of a hobby/passion/time-killer. I really do enjoy it though. I've named my bass even. His name is Harrison and he's been around for a good amount of time now. Him and I are good friends. We've been through Heaven and Hell together.
So when I play the bass, I kind of dance with it. I don't know why, I've just always done it. It gets me in the zone of playing Harrison. We could dance all night if I knew enough music to play that long. I sort of sway with him. Back and forth. Round and round. Till the song ends and I snap back into reality and realize everyone is watching me. I flush, turn the page so the next song is in front of me, and wait for the conductor to raise that wand so I can be enchanted by the music once more.
Anyways. Hope that painted a nice picture for you. Kinda gives you the gist of how these things work for me, concerts and all.
NOW FOR THE BEST COMPLIMENT EVER.
We had just finished one of our orchestra concerts and I was out in the foyer saying hello and thanks to all those that came, friends and strangers alike, while shoving free pieces of cookies and brownies into my mouth at every talking pause. Then, out of the corner of my eye I see this lady come up behind me. I turned around to see one of my childhood friend's mother standing behind me. We hugged each other, and as I began to pull away from the tight embrace, she stopped me, leaned in close to my ear and whispered..
"I can just tell from the way you play your bass, you are going to be the most passionate lover"
I was done. Everyone standing in line to give me a compliment can just go home. Get going would ya! I don't want it anymore, I've just been given the compliment to put all others to shame.
I think I stood there open mouthed for a bit, but then I said something like, "I freaking better be!"
Then we bantered about it for a bit. Like,
"oh your husband is just going to love you."
"He's gotta have some moves of his own though"
"Don't worry, if you picked him, you know he will"
Then I shoved some more cookies in my mouth because I didn't have any other words and full-of-cookies-mouth seemed like a pretty good reason to stop talking.
I will never forget it, and when the time comes, I better freaking be a passionate lover! I don't think I'll fill you readers in on it when that comes along though...you sick perverts you.
No comments:
Post a Comment