Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Some people are born great.

And then other people are just born.

I lost my key to my dorm about two weeks after the start of school. I lost it at a friend's house. I asked those who lived in the house of losing items if they could scour all around the couch that stole my things.

It's been 3 months of my roommates having to leave the latch out so I could get into my room. And when I would come home from class an hour before any of my roommates, I'd have to lounge out in the hallways, taking naps on the cold floor. Or hide in the stairwell, eating the small flies that landed on the floor by my feet, just trying to stay alive.

We have a whiteboard on our fridge. There are always little notes on there like "we need more paper towels". Or "* insert picture of fish*". Or "Clean up your crap".
The two most common tid-bits on there have been"
"Whoever leaves last, leave the door open for Jeannie" AND
"Jeannie. GET AN EFFING KEY"

So I finally took the advice of the little white, erasable board and went out and got myself an effing key. 10 dollars worth of an effing key.

After 3 wholes months, today was the day I decided to turn my life around. I skipped all my classes today, so I thought I needed to be somewhat productive and getting a key was the way to do it.

I took the long walk to the Lundstrum to buy a new key. (the student center that contains machines for washing, treadmills for running, and mailboxes for getting mail...of which I don't get).

I paid my fee like I was paying a whore and returned home in merriment to show my roommate Dani how well the key worked. She was pleased and applauded in pride. We hugged and danced and drank some champagne. (or did we...?)

The day was good. I erased the white board and all was well. All was right. That is until...

I saw Kylie at the training room. I was getting into the reverse hot tub to ice my aching limbs, when I begin a conversation with the Kylie character. We chatted idly about this and that. Who was taking who to the governor's ball at the end of the year, ya know, small gossip. When all of the sudden she says to me.
"Oh by the way Jeannie. Apparently we found your key card."
"You mean the one I lost at the very beginning of the year?"
"Ya that one."
"You mean the one I asked you guys to look for in your home?"
"Ya! That...that's the one!"
"You mean the same key card I had waiting 3 months to replace until THIS VERY MORNING. The same morning that would soon lead to the afternoon in which you tell me the fact that you found my key card?!"
"Ya....ya...I guess so."

Timing. Not my strong suit. Apparently my card had been sitting on their counter for something like two weeks and nobody felt the need to tell me these things had been found.

Like I said.
Some people are just born.


3 comments:

  1. Did they by chance find your wallet too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. love you too jeannie :( ... we can just throw it away and pretend it was never found!

    ReplyDelete