DISCLAIMER: If you are reading part two before part one, then obviously you are all wrong. So go back one more story and read part one before this, or you will be nothing but lost. Lost I say!
*Like the grandfather from Princess Bride*
Now where were we? Ah yes.
*now in normal Jeannie voice...which some of you might not know what that sounds like...okay just in normal way you would read Jeannie post voice*
So I had just been made a fool of by my dentist. Right. Still stings, but I mean, whatever.
Go about 5 months down the line. The fresh smells of June are entering through the window you left open the night before because it's summer and you can do that (but then your mom gets mad at you and is all like "why you be waisting our air-conditioning?" And you're all "quiet fool")
Annie had just returned home from college, and the father of the home suggested we take Samwise Gamgee up to dog lake. It was an odd day and therefore, no leashes were needed. The stars were in line. The sun was up, thus preventing anyone from actually seeing the stars in line, but they were in the line, I swear!
I was sitting shotgun, mainly because Annie is awful at calling it, but I was there and I was enjoying it. The day was looking like a good one. And to add onto the whole winning shotgun goodness, my pop decided to stop by Einstein's Bagels on the way. Grab us some bagels so we could carbo-load before we hiked up the dreaded mountain to *dramatic pause* DOG LAKE. (oh wait, you already knew where we were going...)
I picked up a plain bagel, I had already eaten the cinnamon and sugar one guys, don't worry.
I bit into the bagel and felt a crunch. Kind of like when you get sand in your mouth and you bite down and all you hear is
Crrrrrrruunch. Crrrrrrrrrruu.
I didn't know what it was. It was bigger than any sand grain, also why would there be a sand grain in my bagel? Why I ask?! No sense was being made at all. So I pulled out the piece of bagel that was in my mouth with every intention of getting to the bottom of this madness. I looked down at the piece and saw something white sticking out of it.
"What is that?" Internal Jeannie asked.
"It looks like...like...a tooth." Internal Jeannie answered.
Holy crap. A tooth was baked into my bagel. How did that even happen? I mean honestly! It's a tooth. A tooth, people! Was there some person working at the bagel shop that just loses teeth constantly, like they don't even notice anymore when they lose one more tooth.
"Hey toothless Sally! How ya doing today? What's this? Yesterday you had 5 teeth, and now you only have 4! Oh toothless Sally. You little rascal you."
And toothless Sally's only reply would be to cock her head to the side, scrunch up her shoulders, and give her 4 toothed, creepy grin, that for some reason unbeknown to all else, melts the hearts of those working at Einstein's Bagel.
So I grabbed the tooth in between my pointer finger and my thumb, looked around to make sure my dad and Annie hadn't seen what just happened, then I slowly rolled down the window till only a crack was open, tossed the tooth out the window, said to myself "It's fine. Pretend it wasn't there. You saw nothing. Nothing! You hear me!?"
And just. Kept. Eating.
Ya. So. Finding part of tooth in my bagel didn't even stop me from eating it. I don't understand why. I mean, any rational person would probably stop eating anything, whatever it is, even if it was *insert really fancy name of food here*!
Not me. Like I said. It doesn't phase me.
For hell's sake Jeannie. It was a tooth!
Oh hush disembodied voice.
Okay so this story doesn't have that creepy of an ending after all. The reason I gave you such a detailed background story yesterday was because, upon arriving at the parking lot of Dog Lake, I stroked my tongue across my teeth. Low and behold, one of my caps had fallen out!
Turns out that tooth in bagel was actually Jeannie tooth in bagel! Not sure if that still makes this story okay or anything, but it makes it a little less gross when put in retrospect. Not only was it not actual, real tooth bone, but it was Jeannie's not actual, real tooth bone!
The little wins are the ones that count the most.
HAHAHAHA!!! Oh my jeannie, I laughed till I cried while I read this. And I may have snorted a few times. TOO GOOD!
ReplyDelete