Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thankfulness. It's a real thing.

It's that day again. What day you ask? The day where you stuff yourself silly, throw parts of rolls at each other, witness a father/son soda fight, and tell a Helen Keller joke that makes your grandma laugh so hard that she cries.

Doesn't that happen everywhere?

Okay people. Okay. You should know most about me by now. I'm not really hiding anything. I'm not really ashamed of who I am, how I act, or what I do (most the time) (which should be obvious considering I tell you all my stories, no matter what it is. well I tell everyone all my stories...I'm practically on repeat, a loop if you will)

So I'm going to take a second and calm down. I'm going to calm right down and tell you a few things I'm grateful for. I know, how cliche, right? Well maybe, but not really, because that's the point of today. I can't express all of my thanks in one sitting. Nobody can, and if you can you should probably fix that.

I'm thankful for all the families I have. The countless families I have. My blood relatives and then also the friends that are family, the friends that are becoming family, and the friends that will always be there, even if they aren't right now.

I'm thankful for living rooms, because when the day is done, it's there where everyone sits down, gets off their feet, and where everyone shares their stories.

I'm thankful for boxes. Empty boxes. Because when all other forms of entertainment fail, boxes really know what to do.

I'm thankful for not having a car at college, because the people who give me rides are the people who I can talk to. They are the people that want to listen.

I'm thankful for socks and wooden floors.

I'm thankful for being able to figure things out for myself.

I'm thankful for people accepting that I need to figure things out for myself.

I'm thankful that I now really know what the difference between like and love is. You see. I like my sketchers, but I love my prada backpack.

Okay scratch that. I guess I'm just thankful for the movie 10 Thing I hate about You. Or at least thankful for the beauty Heath Ledger once put on this earth.

I'm thankful for laughter. But the deep laughter, where you can't breathe and you pee your pants.

I'm also thankful for fake/pity laughter, because without it I feel like people would just be staring blankly at me whenever I talk.

I'm thankful for the ability to listen to people. To really listen. To listen and remember.

I'm thankful for a person's history. For the stuff that makes them who they are.

I'm thankful for you all reading my stuff, even when I try to be all deep like.

I think I'm just thankful. For all things. For all thing always.

No comments:

Post a Comment