Sunday was lazy Sunday. Well every Sunday is lazy Sunday. Scratch that. Every day is lazy -day.
But on Sunday I cried. Literal tear droplets pitter-pattered down my face. Not for any inner-emotional reason. No saddness or anything. I didn't even stubb a toe! No knife in quad or white-board cleaning solution in eye (which has actually happened before...heh that memory just came back...)
No. I cried because I watched a VH1 special on SNL.
Why did that make me cry you ask? They kept showing clips of different SNL sketches. And then they had a segment called "the women of SNL" and everything made sense in my life. I cried because all the sudden, for a split second, everything made sense in my life.
I'd always known I wanted to be on SNL as a writer or something (not that I could do that...I wish. Maybe. MOVING ON)
But watching this segment during this special made everything just click, almost like high heels on tile, hell maybe it clicked even more than that. I felt like watching that special was the world confirming to me that I really do need to be in that business when I'm older. I just know it. I don't know how though, so I hope I figure that out.
Tina Fey was talking on the special, and she almost started getting teary-eyed. Almost. Okay she almost started getting teary-eyed.
*Pan camera from Tina Fey on tv over to Jeannie curled up on the couch with tear-drops slowly rolling down her cheek*
Luckily I was home alone, cuz that could have been quite the embarrassingment...so naturally I just tell everyone anyways on this here blog. Smooth. But that's not the point. I had an epiphany! One of them is rare to come by, I'll tell ya. You gotta share it with the world when you get one of them! Like I am...right...now...
So that's me. The emotional girl on the couch, crying because she wants to do things like SNL so badly.
MY FEELINGS.
No comments:
Post a Comment