And I always have been apparently.
I've never been diagnosed as any sort of ADD or ADHD, but there's always been the signs. I can't stop moving, ya know, ever. Also testing and those things are hard. There are other things so if you've met me, you may catch on.
I have trouble focusing for long amounts of ti....Man am I hungry. I went to the store earlier today to get some food and * dramatic pause* Okay so that was a bit forced, but that's what I mean.
I wanted to get tested again before I came up to be a big 'ol college kid, because I was nervous it was going to hurt me grade wise and all other types of wise, but I didn't ever do it. So who knows! Maybe I am. Maybe I'm not. Maybe I'm just a dinosaur-acting, leaf jumping, sane person. Who knew?
When I was in 3rd grade I went to this therapist to get tested for this exact, and other, types of attention disorders. Her name was Dorthy and all I could think about the entire time was Wizard of Oz, what a great start to the theraputing ammiright?
I don't remember much of it. I just remember we played some awesome games, but I think she let me win most of them. I did this computer thing. We talked all deep like. My mom took me to Chili's. And that was that. All is done. EVERYTHING DONE. Don't you get it?! Just leave! It's over!
I'm sorry fans. I'm little on edge right now. Sleep deprivation. It's a thing. It's a real life thing. Real live thing?
kjaincioea;jdf9910p394823afja;l (Jeannie Falling asleep on her laptop)
*wakes up with a snort*
I'M SORRY.
After my adventures with the therapist, I just went on living my 3rd grade life. I'm actually pretty positive I had no idea why I had to see her. I was just excited I got to miss school for an entire day and eat a whole wrack of ribs for lunch (I was a really chubby small kid...)
Turns out that I was diagnosed with...well. The doctor didn't actually know. The doctor told my mother that she couldn't figure me out. She told my mother that I was a moving target.
She couldn't figure out my learning style or even what was going on in my mind. Hell. I don't even know what's going on in this here mind *points to head then gets finger stuck in hair and doesn't know what to do*
I was out of her sights. ME. Jeannie Marie Woller stumped a professional, Ph.D holding, red-sparkling-shoes clicking, "how-does-that-make-you-feel" talking therapist.
However, what she did figure out was that I have, or at least I did then, an over-active imagination...which is what probably led to all my night time hard-ships in past Jeannie's near future, and present Jeannie's distant past.
Also, I was told that, and if you look real hard maybe you'll be able to see this in me. (Look REALLY hard. Like. Past my epidermis and bones, and organs, and practically out the other side of my skin and maybe, just maybe you'll see it..........or just look at me once and you will. Who knows), was that I really learn the best while I'm moving.
Always moving. Like a moving target or something. So if you see me pacing, or bouncing my legs up and down, or twisting my chair, or even flying in the sky like some sort of flying-sky woman, just remember. I'M LEARNING. Always learning.
You're a moving target, kid.
And there's nothing to be ashamed of.
No comments:
Post a Comment