Saturday, November 24, 2012

Part 1. The teeth.

I don't know what exactly is wrong with me. (don't answer that all of everyone out there)

Whenever there is something in my food, like a hair, or a finger or something, I just end up shrugging it off. It doesn't get to me for some reason. I just say to myself, "It's fine. Pretend it wasn't there. You saw nothing. Nothing! You hear me!?"......And I just continue eating.

It's either a gift, or a curse. I haven't decided yet.

Backround:

About two years ago I went to a soccer tournament in Florida. It was magical, as one would assume a tournament in Florida would be- despite the fact it was cold and sucked a lot.

We had one more game in the tournament to go. It was one of those lame tournaments. Ya know the ones where no matter how many games you may win, you don't get a medal or a gold star or even a damn cookie! All you get is pride. Pshh. What is it good for? Absolutely Nothing. (UH).

Anyways. So it was our last game. We had done well thus far, and once the game was over, I got to go to Harry Potter world! The world of all worlds! The world that, if I got to choose, would be the only world that mattered on this earth, assuming I'd be a witch of course. there's still a chance.

It was almost half time. The time where half the game has occurred. Where the whistle is blown and we get to drink water. Water!

But we weren't there yet. Instead, a girl decided to dribble really fast at me. Almost as fast as the snitch, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. (now I'm stuck on H to the P...well I guess I always am).

She kicked the ball kind of far. Out of her reach. Her grasp? She failed to hold onto the ball. Her foot grasp? Is that a thing?

Boy I'm getting sidetracked! OKAY. So I'll try to speed this up, considering it's only the backround.

So she kicked the ball real far, and I came out with a one-v-one style dive. We met the ball at the same time. And by met the ball at the same time, I mean I met the ball and she met the underside of my jaw.

*CRUNCH SCRAPE WHISTLE BLOOD*

My top teeth? Welp. They were all chipped. Like wood chips. Or Chip Skylark from Fairly Odd Parents. Hay maybe even........I got nothing.

I got up and could feel shards of my teeth lining my lips. I turned around to my teammate Megan and said,

"I dust chit all miae teet"

Her response was so comforting that it reminded me of my childhood bed. The one you can wrap yourself up in, and feel safe and warm. Not a care in the world!

"Okay you did *pause* but it's not that bad"

I could feel my eyes widen to an unnatural size. Kind of like when you blow up a balloon too much and you know it's going to pop. Ya. My eyes were the size of the balloon right before the popping happens.

KABOOM.

Oh shiz man. There they go! Look what you did!

The rest of my magical day was very hard to enjoy. I couldn't swallow without sounding like a middle school girl with braces, who was just learning how to keep the spit inside her mouth. It all hurt. Butterbeer was still the best thing of all, but I couldn't drink it and look cool at the same time, which is how your suppose to look while drinking Butterbeer. It was a disaster! (or one of the best times of my life, but for the sake of the pity you are suppose to feel while reading this story, we'll stick with disaster)

I got home on New Years day. The dentist people waited up for me, because they thought it was a life altering, teeth hanging from my gums, forever ugly, teeth problem.

They took one look at me a laughed. There was pretty much nothing wrong. They just put some caps on my teeth, shook their heads in embarrassment (for me), and sent me on my merry way. Apparently I've gone down in my dentist's history books. I went in for my 6 month check up two six months ago and all I got was.

"Hi, I'm Jeannie Woller and I'm here for an appointment."
"Alright Jeannie Wo...Wait. Are you the girl that we stayed up on New Years waiting for?"
"Yup that's m..."
"We all thought it was gonna be something crazy, but then you just had like, two chipped teeth" *laughter*
"Ya. That was m..."
*too much laughter. Uncontrollable laughter. What's that on the floor?! OHMYGOSH IT'S URINE*

Ya. This is gonna be a two-parter.
Till tomorrow kids!

1 comment: