Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Oh you have friends?

Ya all I have is study hall.

What's study hall? Oh come on now, don't be stupid. Obviously it's a place where people can go and really learn what a hall is. I mean, do you know what a hall is? Ya! I didn't think so!

That was probably the dumbest opening to a blogpost I've had since that one time I started with...nope, this takes the gold medal as most annoying opening.

I'll just move right along.

Also quick sidenote. Obama just won! Cool cool. There's that. That's all done and what not. Wahoo! That's good right? Right? I'm not too sure, I would've voted for Obama, but I'm the worst and couldn't turn in my registration on time because I don't have a car. That's what it came down to! A car! Oh bloody hell.

NOW I'll move right along.

Wanna know what the worst thing in the universe is? ...Okay well maybe not in the entire universe. The worst thing in the entire universe is either waking up starving hungry, or waking up having to pee so bad. Tell me I'm wrong. I dare you.

NO! It's none of that. The worst thing on this earth is getting stuck in a freaking soccer net, especially when you're more frustrated than words can even describe.

Let me set up the scenario for you.

We play this game. Small sided. About 5 players to a team, four teams to the game. You think it's gonna be all fun. You think, "hey, maybe my team will play really well and all these fond memories of soccer practices will be made and I'll have the best stories to tell my future dogs...I mean children". But then reality sets in and all that takes over is frustration and sadness. The type of frustration that makes you want to punch all your roommates in the face, but then you realize they are people and can bleed and retaliate, so you don't do that.

So today my team of five was doing oh so well. We were the top seed going into the small-sided tournament. The stars were aligned and our fate was sealed. Brilliance! That's all we knew. That's all we needed to know.

That is, until your team starts to make little mistakes and Lexie scores on you once or twice and oh wait, what's that? YOU GET CAUGHT IN THE NET FOR A MILLION YEARS.

Ya. I was more frustrated than a T-Rex who wanted to pick something up off the floor. It was a corner kick, and there were 30 seconds left in the game. My team, the favored of the tournament, was down by one goal. We had time! We could do it! We could come back and have it all! That is until that damn net took a hold of my arm.

I was reaching down to pass the other team the ball, ya know so I could get the game going and we could seek our revenge! 30 seconds left and what do I do while trying to get the ball that would lead us to victory? I get caught. For the love of...

First it was my hand. I couldn't remove it from the entanglement the net had created. Once I finally pried my hand free, I went to just kick the ball. What happened then? Oh you just HAD to ask didn't you? Well to answer your question, I kicked the net and got stuck AGAIN.

Trevor my coach was all, "wow. I'm so glad I walked by at this exact moment"
And everyone else was snickering. Covering their mouth with their hands as they tried to hide the drool that happens when you laugh silently (that's not just me right?)

But by the time I freed myself from the soccer version of Devil's Snare and played the other team the ball, time was up. It was gone. There was no use holding onto the dream of winning, or even still believing I could be standing up on that podium receiving my small-sided tournament crown. There was no point. NONE.
I just had to do the opposite of what Hermione told us to do in the very first book. Because when you deal with Devil's Snare, you must stay calm. Did I do that?

Not even a little bit.

The horror! In the end, all I could say was something like, "Trevor, we damn well need to get some new goals!"
Well it was more flustered than that. I was trying to say those words but something like this came out,

*really mad voice of somebody who was just made a fool of while extremely red in the face* "Trevor, goals we need more, next time, better ones!!"

Jenn got a kick out of it. So did Jade. So did Lex. So did Trevor. SCREW YOU GUYS.

Now I'm all flustered again. I'm going to go eat a sandwich and sleep. But don't you worry, I will be back tomorrow!

*still angrily thinking to herself* Screw. You. Guys.
(but not really, because without you I'd be so very lonely)

2 comments:

  1. I thought at first this was going to be the Laura-Ann-hanging-upside-down-in-the-net story. Now it's a Jeannie caught in the net story--hahahahahaha. I know you're all mad and such, but still.

    ReplyDelete