Friday, June 22, 2012

So that's the new generation. I'm alright with that.

I babysat again this morning and Molly kills me every time. She really does! For example, today we just sat on the swings and talked for 2 hours or so. At one point I asked her what she wants to be when she grows up...*pause*

Backround. Last night Anne and I were talking about our futures and what we want to be when we grow up, how we'll get there, blah blabhblahblah. I asked her, do you want to be a fireman? She said, Jeannie I'm not a child. Then I got curious. "Is that a wanted profession anymore? Do children still want to be fire fighters?"

rewrewerewrewrew (rewinding sounds). At one point I asked her what she wants to be when she grows up. She gave me three answers. A Firefighter, a Doctor, and, naturally, a Princess. I told her to be all three. She agreed with me.

We continued talking, and we both agreed we would send letters to each other when I go off to college. I think sometimes I forget she's four. Then I asked her if she's lost any teeth yet (after I tried to explain to her what I looked like when I got my wisdom teeth out. "I looked like this *puffed out my cheeks*" "Let's see who can hold their breathe the longest!" "Okay Molly.") Needless to say, she was hardly interested. BUT, after I asked her she said no she hadn't lost any teeth.
"You excited to lose your teeth?"
"No."
"Well why not?"
"Because then you turn grown up and not a kid and it's so fun being a kid."

I was freaking blown away! I'll tell you this Molly, you're in luck, losing teeth is the least of your growing up worries, but whatta girl. After that I told her she was very deep, "what does that mean?" Okay okay, knowledgeable "what does that mean?" Okay that one was my bad. Very wise "huh?" You have a good mind, kid.

But you can't forget the fact she said she's growing taller. Apparently she's almost as tall has her mom.
"I go till right up under her boobies."

That's where I lost it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment