I earned some hard core respect for Forrest Gump last night. Let me tell ya why.
It was 9:00 at night, I was sitting inside watching Netflix and it hit me. It's a wonderful day outside, I think I'll go for a nice walk.
I like walking so it seemed like the perfect idea. As it turns out it, my walk started out more like a run. In fact, it most definitely was a run. It was wonderful to say the least! I jogged up to Waterford and then I figured, I've come this far, why not keep going?
Naturally, my jogged turned into a walk. In case you didn't know, walking is easier, plus I can breathe more that way. I like breathing.
So I got to 13th and thought, well let's see how far I can go. Maybe I'll make it to Draper.
Oh boy did I make it to Draper.
I walked all along 13th. Just kept going. About where you turn to go to Alta I realized, I'm crazy tired, this was probably a bad idea, plus! I don't eve know where I'm going!
But I just kept going. I got all pensive, which was weird and kind of annoying, yet it was nice all the same. I got to the hill right before Draper parkway, and I decided to run again. It felt nice, I think I almost got hit a few times, but hey, YOLO right? (I regretted that immediately).
Once I hit DP I just thought to myself, I got through all of Sandy, why not make it through Draper? I really infiltrated the mind of Forrest Gump here, I'm not joking. It made sense! Why did I need to stop? The answer was, I just didn't! So I kept going.
I ran by Draper Park. When I had to pee, I went. But I really did. Draper Park has nice grass, and it's dark enough. Waaacha.
I decided I was going to go straight till I could go straight no more. At one point, I decided to run again. Doing so made me have this out of body revelation of...HOLY FREAK MY BODY HURTS.
I haven't done anything like that ever!
I got to the draper bridge where you can either turn left or right to go to the Temple. I called my sister to come pick me up, and I waited.
I think sometimes I go clinically insane. No joke! I was for a bit while I was walking, I totally was before I decided to go on this adventure. I hope it's not hazardous to ya know, me living and all.
But it was a good adventure to have. I thought A LOT. More than I have in long time. There was even this part where I could only hear my shoes on the pavement and I though to myself, "hay! I think I'm suppose to have some real world epiphany here realizing that I am much smaller and or bigger than the world really let's on."
Who knows! I'm glad I did it. I don't think I'll do it again though, unless a friend joined, or even a canine companion. Either way, at the end I had a telepathic connection with Forrest and he put these words into my mouth "I'm tired and I think I"ll go home now."
I got home at about 11:45. A night well spent if you ask me. I can now successfully say I've walked through two cities. I mean. That's something to cross off a bucket list if I ever saw one.
I just wanted an adventure.
Well kids. I guess sometimes you just have to make them for yourself.
No comments:
Post a Comment